Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nostalgic Nights

It was the summer of 1987. I was only 3 years old, but somehow I remember this like it happened yesterday. Probably because we went to Disney World that same week, and that was such an exciting event.

My cousin Alyson, who was 24 at the time, was giving me a bath and of course I was doing what most 3 year olds do in a tub. The only part that is blurry is why she left the bathroom after draining the water, and I was left standing on the rug waiting for her to comeback. I'm assuming she forgot a bath towel or maybe the phone right...whatever, she wasn't in there. I decided to use a pillowcase that was in the clean laundry bin right outside of the bathroom door, and go for a walk outside.

I remember hearing Alyson call me, and since I didn't want to get in trouble- I took off running. All I remember is laughing hysterically and turning around looking at her. I had a pretty decent head start, and she was probably only 100 feet away but since I was so small, it seemed like a mile. 

I proceeded to turn the corner and run to the next block, but the next block seemed pretty short. As I made my way to the corner, I came to a halt; The street.

If I went any further...the big german shepherd that lived 2 houses down from the corner would eat me ( so I thought) and Alyson was coming from the other direction. But, I couldn't cross the street without anyone holding my hand...so I stayed there and waited for her to catch me.

Filthy feet, clean body- naked little girl wrapped in a pillowcase. Story of my life.

I told my daughter this story for the first time, and she laughed so hard....she just kept passing gas ( she had milk at school..what can I say). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!!!