Monday, August 27, 2012

Fourth Grade Sour Puss

The first day of school is a huge moment for me. She's turning 10 soon, then comes 5th grade, then comes middle school.

For the past five school years ( that also includes Head Start) I have taken a picture of her on the first day of school. NOW all of a sudden, it's a hassle ( see picture below)..REALLY?! For serious?! I understand the sun was in her face, but in the past she has made the best of it. Always a real smile, with a cute pose....but she is turning into a sour old man before she even hits puberty!

And yes, she did smack her lips as I was taking the picture. I don't know who this kid gets her sour attitude from, but I am not looking forward to puberty. This past weekend has been hell...My PMS, her pre-tween attitude......*smh*


I am not about this pre-puberty life right now. Maybe I should get buy her a green fuzzy suit and make her live in the trash can, so then she has a reason to have a funky attitude all the time.

4 comments:

  1. bwahaha!!! she was not having it! hopefully she will be happy by the time she gets home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, She had to write standards the first damn day of school because she wasn't listening to the directions her teacher was giving! I swear fo' sweet baby jesus, this child is going to give me high blood pressure.

      Delete
  2. Ok... I don't mean to laugh, but LOL!!!!! I've been there 3 times with my older ones so I definitely know what you're going through. I have an oscar the grouch t-shirt I could send you for these wonderful occasions. Lol Even with her little scrunched up face and mood she still looks like a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...she is a little cutie pie, not just because she's mine either. LOL

      She has such a strong personality, and you can't get her to do anything she doesn't want to do. Which is a great quality to have, but it's hell for me sometimes. She's a good kid for the most part, but this transitional period has been pretty hard.

      Delete

Thanks!!!